December 23, 2013
Flavor Wins Big in Colorado
from Chef Brian Dragos
The First Annual ACF Colorado Chef’s MINOR’S Culinary Challenge was held on December 7th at the Arts Institute in Denver. I had the pleasure of facilitating the event and extend thanks to all who helped make it a success!
Congratulations go to the top five finishers:
• Chef Brandon Durio of Cherry Creek Schools—$1000 Grand Prize Prepared a Cajun menu of Minor’s Crawfish Pie with Stuffed Collard rolls
• Chef Chris DeJohn of Centerplate—$500 Prepared a Latin Flavored menu of Albondigas Soup, Pork Torta Sandwich and a Chipotle Chili Brownie
• Gregory Sever from Sodexo at the University of Denver—$300 Prepared a Southern-inspired menu of Alabama Shrimp and Grits, Chicken-Fried Steak, Parsnip Puree, and Home-Fried Potatoes
• Chef Lucas Irwin of The Wildlife Experience—$200
• Chef Mary Broere of The Arts Institute—$150
All of the food created was worth five stars. Flavor was the overall champion!