With his broad range of experience in restaurants and with foodservice manufacturers, Chef Nelson provides Minor’s® customers insights and expertise grounded in decades of experience in overcoming challenges in nearly every food segment.
- New York Restaurant School (part of the New School for Social Research, New York City)
- Culinary Institute of America, St. Helena, CA. and New Hyde Park, NY
- Certified Executive Chef from the American Culinary Federation
- Tavern on the Green, NYC—prep cook
- Peters Café, NYC— Sous Chef then Head Chef
- Citicourt Café, San Francisco,CA—Executive Chef
- Bistro Ambrosia, San Francisco, CA—Executive Chef/ Owner (Restaurant destroyed in the Oct. 1989 San Francisco earthquake)
- Standard Fisheries, San Francisco, CA—Buyer/Sales, Imported/ Exported Seafood
- Bi-Rite Foodservice—Sales Rep
- Rykoff/Sexton Manufacturing—Corporate Chef
- Pillsbury—Corporate Executive Chef
- Rich Products—Corporate Executive Chef
- Seared Foie Gras, heaven on earth.
Favorite Minor’s Product:
- There are so many, but Minor’s Chicken Base NAMSG. I explain it as being like Mom’s homemade Chicken Noodle soup broth. Also Minor’s Ancho Flavor Concentrate—great bold flavor for many applications.
Contact our Chefs
Working hand-in-hand, mind-to-menu.
If you have any questions or ideas you would like to discuss with one of our chefs, you have access to them at the following number.
- Call »