Orlando Apodaca, Jr.
Big events are no big deal for Chef Orlando Apodaca. After spending nearly a decade in the sports & entertainment industry with the Dallas, Texas, franchises of the House of Blues, NHL, and NBA. During that time Chef Orlando participated in a number of historic events including the 2011 NBA Finals and 2000 NHL Stanley Cup Finals. Chef Orlando got his start at the world famous Le Cordon Bleu in Paris, France, before joining the cruise industry in the Pacific northwest and later the Four Seasons Hotels in Hawaii and Sydney, Australia.
- Le Cordon Bleu, Paris, France
- University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM
- Co-author, The Dallas Table
- Board Member, Academic Advisory Committee, Le Cordon Bleu (Dallas, TX)
- First Place, Ben E. Keith Ultimate Chef Competition, 2009
- Member, ACF
- House of Blues, Dallas, TX— Executive Chef
- Levy Restaurants-Compass Group USA, Dallas, TX— Executive Sous Chef
- Aramark Sports & Entertainment, Dallas, TX— Executive Chef
- Majestic America Cruise Line, Juneau, AK– Executive Chef
- Mississippi Queen, New Orleans, LA – Executive Chef
- Four Seasons Hotel, Sydney, Australia and Lana’i, HI – Banquet Chef
- Pizza is my kryptonite!
Favorite Minor’s Product:
- Minor’s Classical Reductions™ Reduced Chicken Stock mixed with Red Chile Adobo Flavor Concentrate