July 5, 2017
Adobo Braised Pork Casserole (Gluten Free)
Braised pork shoulder with adobo and hominy.
1/2 cup Minor’s® Red Chile Adobo Flavor Concentrate Gluten Free 6x13.6oz US
2 tbsp Minor’s Roasted Garlic Flavor Concentrate Gluten Free 6x1lb US
5 lbs Pork shoulder meat, bone in
2 cups Orange juice, unsweetened
1/2 cup Cider vinegar
2 tbsp Minor’s Pork Base NAMSG (Gluten Free) 6x1lb US
3 qts Water
2 qts Onion thinly sliced
4 cups Hominy, canned, white
1. Mix Red Chile Adobo and Roasted Garlic Flavor Concentrates into a paste and rub on to pork shoulder. Place in a large braising pan with a tight lid.
2. Add orange juice, vinegar and Pork Base to pot. Add enough water to bring level up to half way on the meat. Add sliced onions.
3. Place in a 350°F oven, and braise for 3-4 hours or until pork shreds easily.
4. Remove shoulder from liquid and set aside to cool. Skim fat off top of braising liquid and reduce to desired consistency. Add hominy.
5. Shred pork and place in a new casserole dish, cover with the reduced liquid.
Garnish with queso fresco, fresh cilantro and avocado. Serve with wild rice and grilled vegetables.