January 27, 2016
Black Bean Salsa with Beef Base
What’s my secret for terrific black bean salsa? Since canned black beans can be a tad bland, adding a little Beef Base brings out a moutwatering, meaty undertone— building on the umami of the tomatoes and earthy flavor of the black beans.
Combine and chill. Yields 1qt (16 servings):
• 3 qts Black beans, canned drained, rinsed
• 3 cups (approx.) Tomatoes, small diced
• 2 cups Green bell peppers, small diced
• 1 cup Onion, small diced
• 6 oz Lime juice, fresh
• 1/2 cup Red wine vinegar
• 1/2 cup Cilantro fresh, chopped (or coriander)
• 1/2 cup Garlic fresh, minced
• 1/4 cup Minor’s® Beef Base NAMSG
Chef’s Tip: When substituting dried cilantro (or coriander) for fresh cilantro, use 1/4 of the amount.