July 5, 2017
Caribbean Chicken Soup
from Chef Allan Gazaway
This soup is based on a foundation of a rich chicken stock created with Minor’s® Natural Gluten Free Chicken Base, combined with authentic ingredients that intrigue the palate, and a dollop of crema flavored with Fire Roasted Jalapeno Flavor Concentrate to give that traditional island kick of spice.
2 lbs Chicken, roasted, diced
1 gal + 1 cup Water
4 oz Minors Natural Gluten Free Chicken Base 6x1lb
1 Tbsp Minors Roasted Garlic Flavor Concentrate 6x1lb
2 tsp Ginger, minced
1 Tbsp Jalapeno, fresh, deveined, minced
16 oz Tomatoes, diced in juice
2 cups Minors Culinary Cream 2x5lb
2 Tbsp Cilantro, fresh, coarse chopped
2 lb Sweet Potatoes, fresh, diced
1 cup Onions, white, diced
1/2 cup Oil, vegetable
12 oz Minors Dry Roux® 4x2.5lbs
Yield: 3 Gallons
1. Sauté onions in oil until translucent.
2. Add water, chicken base, roasted garlic flavor concentrate, ginger, jalapeno, tomatoes and sweet potatoes. 3. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender.
4. Combine Culinary Cream and Dry Roux, whisking together with one cup of water.
5. Add mixture to soup, bring to a boil and cook 10 minutes.
6. Cool, refrigerate and serve on steam table immediately.