June 10, 2014
Caribbean Style Crab Cakes
Caribbean, Ancho & Scallion Crab Cakes.
2 fl oz 1/4 cup Vegetable oil
1 tbsp Garlic chopped fine
4 oz 1 cup Scallion or green onions, fine diced
4 oz 1 cup Red bell pepper fine diced
14 oz 8 each Egg
9 tbsp Minor’s® Crab Base NAMSG (Gluten Free) 6x1 lb.
2 tbsp Minor’s Ancho Flavor Concentrate Gluten Free 6x14.4 oz
8 lb Crabmeat, lump canned, drained
16 oz 2 cups Mayonnaise
16 oz 1 qt Breadcrumb, dried
28 oz 6 cups Cornmeal
8 fl oz as needed Vegetable oil
1 jug Minor’s Caribbean Style Sauce RTU 4x0.5 gal
1. In a sauté pan, sauté garlic, scallions/green onions and red bell peppers in oil for 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and place into a large bowl. Chill rapidly.
2. Add eggs, Crab Base, Ancho Flavor Concentrate, crabmeat, mayonnaise and bread crumbs. Mix gently but well to incorporate all ingredients.
3. Form into round cakes using a No. 12 scoop (approximately 3-1/2 oz.). Make each cake 1/2 in. thick.
4. Lightly coat each crab cake with corn meal. Chill.
5. In a non-stick sauté pan, heat oil. Sauté crab cakes until brown on each side. Adjust oil as needed.