October 17, 2018
Right around this time of year one begins to think about all the splendors of the fall bounty. Chasseur Sauce, from the French word for “hunter,” is traditionally served with venison, rabbit, or game. It’s made with sautéed mushrooms, shallots, white wine and a silky, savory demi-glace.
1 Tbsp Vegetable oil
1 Tbsp Butter, unsalted
1/2 cup Shallot, minced
2 Tbsp Garlic, minced
3/4 cup Tomato, roma, diced 1/4”
2 cups Mushrooms, sliced 1/4”
1/3 cup Wine, Chardonnay
2 cups Water
4 Tbsp Minor’s® Classical Reductions™ Reduced Chicken Stock
1/2 cup Butter, unsalted
2 Tbsp Parsley, fresh, minced
2 Tbsp Tarragon, fresh, minced
1. Reconstitute Minor’s Classical Reductions Reduced Chicken Stock with 2 cups of water.
2. In a heavy bottom skillet, over medium heat, melt butter with oil. Cook shallot, garlic, tomatoes and mushrooms until tender.
3. Deglaze with wine and reduce au sec (almost dry).
4. Add Reduced Chicken Stock and bring to simmer.
5. Immediately remove sauce from heat and mount with 1/2 cup of butter, stirring until fully combined.
6. Finish with tarragon and parsley.