October 17, 2018
Lemon Pan Sauce
Lemon Sauce is the perfect pairing for chicken breast, fish or shellfish. Highlighted by flavorful lemon and white wine, you can customize with aromatic shallots, garlic or a delicate herb garnish of fresh chervil, parsley, tarragon, or chives.
2 Tbsp Vegetable oil
1/2 cup Shallot, fresh, minced
2 Tbsp Garlic, minced
1/3 cup White wine, Chardonnay
2 cups Water
4 Tbsp Minor’s® Classical Reductions™ Reduced Chicken Stock
1/2 cup Butter, unsalted
1 Tbsp Lemon juice, fresh
2 Tbsp Chervil, fresh, minced
2 Tbsp Parsley, fresh, minced
1. Reconstitute Minor’s Classical Reductions Reduced Chicken Stock with 2 cups of water.
2. In a heavy bottom skillet, over medium heat, melt butter with oil. Add shallots and garlic, cooking until tender.
3. Deglaze with white wine and reduce au sec (almost dry).
4. Add Reduced Chicken Stock and bring to simmer.
5. Immediately remove sauce from heat and mount with 1/2 cup of butter, stirring until fully combined.
6. Add lemon juice and fresh herbs.