October 17, 2018
The quintessential Italian-American classic is defined by its bright, rich sauce of lemon, butter, fresh parsley and briny capers.
1 Tbsp Vegetable oil
1 Tbsp Butter, unsalted
1/2 cup Onion, yellow, minced
2 Tbsp Garlic, minced
2 cups Wine, white, dry
2 cups Water
4 Tbsp Minor’s® Classical Reductions™ Reduced Chicken Stock
1/2 cup Butter, unsalted
1 Tbsp Lemon juice, fresh
1 Tbsp Lemon zest
4 Tbsp Capers, drained
4 Tbsp Capers, brine
4 Tbsp Parsley, fresh, minced
1. Reconstitute Minor’s Classical Reductions Reduced Chicken Stock with 2 cups of water.
2. In a heavy bottom skillet, over medium heat, melt butter with oil. Add onion and garlic, cooking until tender.
3. Deglaze with white wine and reduce au sec (almost dry).
4. Add Reduced Chicken Stock and bring to simmer.
5. Immediately remove sauce from heat and mount with 1/2 cup of butter, stirring until fully combined.
6. Add lemon juice, zest, capers and parsley.