Chef Gazaway has more than 30 years’ experience in the foodservice industry and has worked in both the public and private sectors. Consulting in kitchen design and menu development has also provided him with another avenue to apply his foodservice experiences. As a second-generation chef, Chef Gazaway’s culinary experiences have ranged from classical French to island themes developed for restaurants in Puerto Rico.
- Second Generation Chef, Father was a chef at Waldorf Astoria
- Apprenticed at Brennans and Commanders Palace, New Orleans
- Secondary classes at Johnson & Wales, CIA
- Chef Of the Year, American Culinary Federation, Birmingham
- Presidential Award, American Culinary Federation,
- American Academy of Chefs
- Certified Executive Chef
- Commanders Palace, New Orleans, LA
- Brennan’s, New Orleans, LA
- Highlands Bar& Grill, Birmingham, AL
- Tango Restaurant
- Personal owner and or partner of 8 Restaurants in Birmingham, AL, and the Caribbean
- Any and all fresh seafood
Favorite Minor’s® Product:
- Toss-up between Minor’s Herb de Provence Flavor Concentrate, Au Jus Prep and Culinary Cream!